Notice: The Business Energy Savings program has recently changed.
Energy Efficiency Alberta’s Business Energy Savings Program has been very popular, exceeding expectations for both participation and energy savings. As a result, Energy Efficiency Alberta has made several changes to the program, effective July 10, 2018.
- Pre-approval is required for all new projects and will be subject to revised rebate values and program terms.
- Post-installation applications will no longer be accepted for projects started on or after July 10, 2018. Post-installation applications with acceptable proof that the project has started (e.g., an invoice or purchase order) on or after April 11, 2018 and no later than July 9, 2018 will be accepted. Please submit all post-installation applications by August 7, 2018.
Learn more about program changes.
For inquires on any current projects for which you have not yet submitted an application and which may be exempt from the suspension, please contact your Business Energy Savings account manager, email us, or call 1-844-357-5604.
Making your organization more energy efficient
Business Energy Savings offers incentives to businesses, non-profits and institutional organizations to encourage them to choose high-efficiency products. Incentives of up to $25,000 per facility (or $100,000 for parent companies) are available to help cover the cost of the equipment.
This program encourages organizations to replace outdated and inefficient equipment faster than they may normally, to help reduce emissions. You’ll save money which you can reinvest into your organization. In addition to receiving financial incentives, your organization will enjoy ongoing energy savings – and more comfortable, efficient facilities.
Read our FAQs to learn more about the program.
Are you a non-profit organization looking to get started in energy efficiency? Read about our Non-Profit Energy Efficiency Transition program.
What products are eligible?
A variety of energy efficiency products are eligible for rebates through the program.
Who can participate?
All business, non-profit and institutional facilities serviced by an Alberta electric utility are eligible, except for new construction projects, federal and provincially owned buildings, facilities with over 10,000 tonnes of annual GHG emissions and large final emitters—as defined under Alberta’s Carbon Competitiveness Incentive Regulation. Calculate your facility’s annual emissions.
Eligible organizations include but are not limited to:
- Institutions such as schools, hospitals, universities, and colleges
- Non-profit organizations
- Individual businesses
- Municipal facilities
- Common spaces in multi-unit residential buildings
Please see the terms and conditions document for more information about eligibility.
For inquiries please contact your Business Energy Savings account manager, email us or call 1-844-357-5604.
Do you have a facility with high-energy needs? You may be interested to learn about Custom Energy Solutions and available incentives for industrial, institutional and commercial facilities. Learn how Energy Efficiency Alberta is helping facilities with high energy needs.
Ready to Get Started?
Learn about available energy-saving measures, available incentives, and get your rebate.
Join us at an Information Session
We invite you to join a webinar. You’ll learn:
- Who is eligible
- About product rebates
- About the application process
- How to work with the program and grow your business through increased sales and installations of high-efficiency equipment.
What if I have questions?
Questions can be asked during the webinar, or contact us via email and an Account Manager with the program will respond shortly.