Making your organization more energy efficient
The Business, Non-Profit and Institutional Energy Savings Program offers incentives to encourage organizations to choose high-efficiency products. Once your organization has installed an approved high-efficiency heating or lighting product you can apply for the rebate. Once approved, you’ll receive a cheque that will help cover the cost of the equipment.
This program encourages organizations to replace outdated and inefficient equipment faster than they may normally, to help reduce emissions.
You’ll save money which you can reinvest into your organization, or use however you’d like.
What products will be eligible in the first year?
- Efficient lighting products: LED T8s, LED bulbs, LED low/medium/high-bay fixtures, LED exterior fixtures, T5HO high-bay fixtures, occupancy controls, etc.
- Efficient Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) equipment: Commercial warm air furnaces, hot water commercial packaged boilers
- Efficient water heating equipment: Condensing water heaters, tankless water heaters
Who is eligible?
All business, non-profit and institutional customers serviced by an Alberta electric or gas utility are eligible, except for large final emitters—as defined under Alberta’s Specified Gas Emitters Regulation. Sectors targeted by the program include, but are not limited to:
- Institutions such as schools, hospitals, universities, and colleges
- Non-profit organizations
- Individual businesses
How do I apply for incentives?
Starting early May 2017, eligible customers can apply for first-come, first-served rebates on eligible products purchased on or after March 24, 2017 (as per invoice dates). Applications will be available on the Energy Efficiency Alberta website, and paper copies will be available after the program start date.
Energy Efficiency Alberta will publish a full list of program guidelines when the program launches in early May 2017.
Enter your email address below, and we’ll notify you with additional information as it becomes available.
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us toll free: 1-844-357-5604
Energy Efficiency Alberta’s official agents will visit your home or business only when invited, and will provide you with official identification. They are not selling anything, and they will never ask you for money.
Energy companies are prohibited from selling their products or services door-to-door in Alberta.
To avoid scams, in all door-to-door sales visits, consumers should:
- Always ask for official company-issued identification.
- Never feel pressured to sign contracts on their doorsteps.
- Be cautious of any door-to-door offer.
- Call the consumer protection line at 1-877-427-4088 with any questions.
- Visit servicealberta.ca to learn more about consumer rights.
No-charge home upgrades that will help you save energy and save money.
Let us help you upgrade to the latest, most energy-efficient appliances and products available.
Save money on energy so you can invest in something more important.