Products must meet the Canadian Certification Standards as outlined by the Standards Council Canada for product approval, or equivalent certification by an applicable Certification body such as ULc, ETLc, CSA, etc. Click here for additional information regarding product approvals and certification bodies.
Plug Load Measures
Load sensing plug strips
- Load sensing plug strips meeting the following criteria
- Current sensor: must be built-in
- Number of outlets controlled by the current sensor: minimum 4
- Surge protection: must have
- A minimum of 10 plug strips must be purchased
- Must be used in an office setting (regardless of the building type)
- Must provide specification sheet(s) with application
The requirements described in the Technical Specification section are solely to meet the rebate requirements for the BNI program. They do NOT overrule or supersede in any way the permitting regulations, municipal, provincial or federal codes, standards, and any other relevant Acts currently in force. The technical specifications described in this program are meant to be the minimum required by the program to obtain rebates. Where the appropriate Authority Having Jurisdictions (“AHJs”) require a higher standard be in place, the person/company performing the work must follow the AHJ’s requirements. It is the responsibility of the person/company performing the work to know and follow codes, standards, and regulations.