Are you an energy smart-E? Take the quiz!
- Keeping my phone charger plugged in while my phone is not charging wastes energy.
- I should take showers instead of baths to conserve energy.
- Fluorescent light bulbs are more energy efficiency than LED bulbs.
- Computers and televisions use electricity even when they’re turned off.
- You should always turn the lights off when leaving a room, even if its just for a little while.
- It’s more energy efficient to turn on the air conditioning all day instead of closing the blinds or curtains.
- Keeping doors open in your house increases circulation and helps energy efficiency.
- Lowering the temperature of your home’s thermostat by 1 or 2 degrees could reduce your energy bill by 5 – 10%.
- Keeping the refrigerator door open for long periods of time saves energy.
Check your answers.
Share how you’re being an energy smart-E on social media using the hashtag #energysmartAB and you’ll be entered to win a smart thermostat valued at ~$219.99. Winners will be selected weekly until September 30, 2018. (Prize type and value subject to change. No purchase necessary.)