Please note: some contractors operate province wide. Their phone number may not appear local but they have indicated they operate in your area.
Before hiring a participating contractor, read our information about protecting yourself as a consumer.
|Business Name||Head Office||Postal Code||Phone||Services Offered||Service Areas||Match Weight|
Protect YourselfSome contractors require a provincial business licence. Before you start working with your participating contractor, you should ensure that your selected contractor holds a Prepaid Contracting Business License if required. This allows the contractor to legitimately receive and process an advance payment for their home improvement work with you. For more information:
- Service Alberta, Consumer Programs and Fair Trading has an online, searchable database to determine whether a business is licensed
- Service Alberta, Home Renovations Tip Sheet
- Service Alberta, Door-to-Door Sales Tip Sheet
- Always insist on a written contract.
- Check references – other satisfied customers are a great sign.
- Call the consumer protection line at 1-877-427-4088 if you have any concerns.
- Visit servicealberta.ca to learn more about consumer rights.
- If you have any questions, call the Consumer Contact Centre in Edmonton at 780-427-4088, toll-free in Alberta at 1-877-427-4088 or visit their website at servicealberta.ca.