Energy efficiency, the easy way
The Residential No-Charge Energy Savings Program offers Albertans the opportunity to have basic energy efficiency technology installed in their home, at no charge. The program offers installation of energy efficient products across the province, in rural and urban houses, apartments and condos. Whether you own or rent your home, an Energy Efficiency Alberta installer will visit your home and conduct a walkthrough to identify potential opportunities for energy-efficient upgrades at no charge. Most homes can be upgraded in one to three hours.
The Residential No-Charge Energy Savings Program has received an incredible amount of interest. As a result, we’ve hired more field and call centre staff to help meet the demand, and we’re still hiring. We’re working hard to make energy efficiency accessible to Albertans. We are committed to ensuring that you receive your home installation within one year from the time that you registered for the program.
How does it work?
Getting your no-charge, energy-efficient products is easy:
- Fill out the form to register.
- You’ll receive a call to schedule your installation, and a second call from the installer the day prior to their visit.
- An installer will visit your home, and conduct a walkthrough to identify potential opportunities for energy-efficient upgrades at no charge. You will receive your home installation within one year from the time that you registered for the program.
- The installer will upgrade your home to energy-efficient products, and show you how to use them. Most installations take between one and three hours.
- You’ll save money and conserve energy—immediately. And the products are yours to keep at no charge!
Do you have more questions? Read our FAQ.
What kinds of products are included?
All Alberta households are eligible to participate regardless of income or housing type. Installation will be conducted by qualified installers who schedule home visits. Installers will remove old products and exchange them for more energy-efficient products, such as:
- Exchanging existing incandescent nightlights, lightbulbs and exit signs with LED products (installers will only exchange working, incandescent bulbs—burnt out bulbs will not be replaced)
- Exchanging inefficient shower heads with high-efficiency shower heads
- Installing faucet aerators if no aerator is present, or to replace an existing aerator
- Exchanging a traditional power bar with an advanced power bar (Albertans will receive an advanced power bar in instances where at least two electronics and one television can be plugged into a single power bar)
- Exchanging a non-programmable thermostat with a smart (self-adjusting) thermostat
When will the program launch?
Installations have begun, but there’s still time to sign up and have energy-efficient products installed in your home at no charge.
Ready to sign up?
Schedule a no-charge installation of energy savings products. Click below to register online.
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us toll free: 1-844-357-5604
Energy Efficiency Alberta’s official agents will visit your home or business only when invited, and will provide you with official identification. They are not selling anything, and they will never ask you for money.
Energy companies are prohibited from selling their products or services door-to-door in Alberta.
To avoid scams, in all door-to-door sales visits, consumers should:
- Always ask for official company-issued identification.
- Never feel pressured to sign contracts on their doorsteps.
- Be cautious of any door-to-door offer.
- Call the consumer protection line at 1-877-427-4088 with any questions.
- Visit servicealberta.ca to learn more about consumer rights.
To help you protect yourself from illegal or predatory business practices, we’ve put together some tips on how to stay safe.