Energy efficiency, the easy way
The Residential No-Charge Energy Savings Program offers direct, no-charge installation of energy efficient products across the province, in rural and urban houses, apartments and condos. Whether you own or rent your home, an Energy Efficiency Alberta installer will visit your home and conduct a walkthrough to identify potential opportunities for energy-efficient upgrades at no charge. Most homes can be upgraded in about an hour.
How does it work?
Getting your no-charge, energy-efficient products is easy:
- Fill out the form to register.
- You’ll receive a call to schedule your installation, and a second call from the installer the day prior to their visit.
- An installer will visit your home, and conduct a walkthrough to identify potential opportunities for energy-efficient upgrades at no charge.
- The installer will upgrade your home to energy-efficient products, and show you how to use them. Most installations don’t take longer than an hour.
- You’ll save money and conserve energy—immediately. And the products are yours to keep at no charge!
Do you have more questions? Read our FAQ.
What kinds of products are included?
All Alberta households are eligible to participate regardless of income or housing type. Installation will be conducted by qualified installers who schedule home visits. Installers will remove old products and replace them with more energy-efficient products, such as:
- Replacing existing incandescent nightlights, lightbulbs and exit signs with LED products
- Replacing inefficient shower heads with high-efficiency shower heads
- Installing faucet aerators if no aerator is present
- Replacing a traditional power bar with an advanced power bar
- Replacing a non-programmable thermostat with a smart (self-adjusting) thermostat
When will the program launch?
Installations have begun, but there’s still time to sign up and install energy-efficient products in your home at no charge.
Ready to sign up?
Schedule a no-charge installation of energy savings products. Click below to register online.
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us toll free: 1-844-357-5604
Energy Efficiency Alberta’s official agents will visit your home or business only when invited, and will provide you with official identification. They are not selling anything, and they will never ask you for money.
Energy companies are prohibited from selling their products or services door-to-door in Alberta.
To avoid scams, in all door-to-door sales visits, consumers should:
- Always ask for official company-issued identification.
- Never feel pressured to sign contracts on their doorsteps.
- Be cautious of any door-to-door offer.
- Call the consumer protection line at 1-877-427-4088 with any questions.
- Visit servicealberta.ca to learn more about consumer rights.
No-charge home upgrades that will help you save energy and save money.
Let us help you upgrade to the latest, most energy-efficient appliances and products available.
Save money on energy so you can invest in something more important.