For more information, read the letter from CEO Monica Curtis.
This program has been embraced by Albertans, surpassing all expectations for participation, energy savings and greenhouse gas reductions. When installations for all 150,000 registrants are complete, this will equate to Albertans saving 700,000 gigajoules of energy annually, and a reduction of more than 20,000 tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions, the equivalent of taking 8,000 cars off Alberta roads, or enough energy for 5,800 homes for a year. Participating Albertans will have also saved almost three million litres of water, enough to fill 1,000 Olympic swimming pools.
Learn more about other Energy Efficiency Alberta programs and eligible products.
How does it work?
- If you registered for the program, you will receive your installation. If you have not received any communication from Energy Efficiency Alberta since registering, something is wrong and needs to be fixed. Please call 1-844-357-5604 and ask for the Residential No-Charge Energy Savings Program.
- You will receive a call to schedule your installation, and a second call from the installer the day prior to their visit.
- An installer will visit your home, and conduct a walkthrough to identify potential opportunities for energy-efficient upgrades at no charge. You will receive your home installation within one year from the time that you registered for the program.
- The installer will upgrade your home to energy-efficient products, and show you how to use them. Most installations take between one and three hours.
- You’ll save money and conserve energy—immediately. And the products are yours to keep at no charge!
What kinds of products are included?
Installation will be conducted by qualified installers who schedule home visits. Installers will remove old products and exchange them for more energy-efficient products, such as:
- Exchanging existing incandescent nightlights, lightbulbs and exit signs with LED products (installers will only exchange working, incandescent bulbs—burnt out bulbs will not be replaced)
- Exchanging inefficient shower heads with high-efficiency shower heads
- Installing faucet aerators if no aerator is present, or to replace an existing aerator
- Exchanging a traditional power bar with an advanced power bar (Albertans will receive an advanced power bar in instances where at least two electronics and one television can be plugged into a single power bar)
- Exchanging a non-programmable thermostat with a smart (self-adjusting) thermostat. Learn more about the thermostat installation process.
Do you have more questions? Read our FAQ.
Email us: email@example.com
Call us toll free: 1-844-357-5604
Energy Efficiency Alberta’s official agents will visit your home or business only when invited, and will provide you with official identification. They are not selling anything, and they will never ask you for money.
Energy companies are prohibited from selling their products or services door-to-door in Alberta.
To avoid scams, in all door-to-door sales visits, consumers should:
- Always ask for official company-issued identification.
- Never feel pressured to sign contracts on their doorsteps.
- Be cautious of any door-to-door offer.
- Call the consumer protection line at 1-877-427-4088 with any questions.
- Visit servicealberta.ca to learn more about consumer rights.
To help you protect yourself from illegal or predatory business practices, we’ve put together some tips on how to stay safe.