Renewable energy—now more affordable.
The Residential and Commercial Solar Program offers rebates to homeowners, businesses and non-profits that install solar photovoltaic (PV) systems. Bolstered by other initiatives like the Alberta Municipal Solar Program and the On-Farm Solar PV Program, solar uptake has doubled in the province since 2015. Albertans are keen on solar, and this program keeps the momentum going!
What will the impact be?
By 2019, the program is expected to:
- Support the creation of 900 jobs in Alberta’s solar sector
- Cut solar installation costs by up to 30 per cent for residences
- Cut solar installation costs by up to 25 per cent for businesses and non-profits
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions in the province by about half a million tonnes—the equivalent of taking 100,000 passenger vehicles off the road
This program is just one more example of Alberta taking the lead on energy efficiency and renewable energy, which will protect pocketbooks, make life more comfortable, create good jobs, and help diversify our economy.
When will the program launch?
To ensure Albertans receive timely access, the government is posting a Request for Proposal to identify a third party to deliver the new program. Details will be defined in coming months, including qualifying systems, installation and eligibility requirements. The program will launch as early as summer 2017.
Eligibility and procedures will vary by region. Your certified solar installer will be able to provide more details.
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us toll free: 1-844-357-5604
Energy Efficiency Alberta’s official agents will visit your home or business only when invited, and will provide you with official identification. They are not selling anything, and they will never ask you for money.
Energy companies are prohibited from selling their products or services door-to-door in Alberta.
To avoid scams, in all door-to-door sales visits, consumers should:
- Always ask for official company-issued identification.
- Never feel pressured to sign contracts on their doorsteps.
- Be cautious of any door-to-door offer.
- Call the consumer protection line at 1-877-427-4088 with any questions.
- Visit servicealberta.ca to learn more about consumer rights.
No-charge home upgrades that will help you save energy and save money.
Let us help you upgrade to the latest, most energy-efficient appliances and products available.
Save money on energy so you can invest in something more important.